Pilates Teacher Training
Elixr School of Pilates
Elixr School of Pilates provides comprehensive, scientific and credible Pilates training programs to Pilates enthusiasts and those wanting to teach Pilates. Elixr School of Pilates has provided Pilates education and training to instructors for the past 8 years and offers courses within Australia and Asia.
Elixr School of Pilates is an exercise system with an emphasis on core stability and strength. It is an intelligent and balanced way of strengthening your body and your mind. Elixr Pilates adheres to excercise science principles with a practical and functional approach dispelling the common myths associated with Pilates.
Since 2002 Elixr School of Pilates Instructors have taught to over 400,000 participants in over 35,000 Pilates classes and individual sessions.
T: (02) 8113 8808
Why Choose Elixr School of Pilates?
Elixr School of Pilates is Australia's Leading Pilates Teacher Trainer Course:
• Director Katharine Millard, has a Master’s Degree in Exercise and Sports Science along with 20 years of Pilates experience.
• Paul Batman, Director of the Fitness Institute of Australia highly recommends Elixr School of Pilates.
• Our courses are comprehensive and have a progressive approach from beginner to advanced levels.
• Elixr School of Pilates training has an intelligent and pragmatic approach.
• There is a strong anatomical focus to the training.
• Comprehensive training manuals and workbooks are provided.
• CEC points are available for attending the courses.
• The courses are presented by Australia’s leading Teacher Trainers in excellent training facilities.
Elixr School of Pilates Fundamentals
This course will provide you with the fundamentals of Elixr School of Pilates, it is the prerequistie to undertaking the Matwork or the Reformer courses.
The course includes:
• Elixr School Pilates Principles
• Anatomy Review
• Posture and Alignment
• Postural Analysis
• Basic Biomechanics
• Understanding Core Stability and Core StrengthDuration: 6.5 hours
Prerequisites: Basic anatomy and Pilates training
(Certificate III in Fitness recommended, but not essential)
Includes: Elixr School of Pilates Fundamental Manual
Required Textbooks: Manual of Structural Kinesiology by RT Floyd
(available from Elixr Education for $100.00)Fitness Australia: 4 CECs
Elixr Pilates Workshops for Instructors
MATWORK WITH PROPSThis one day workshop teaches you how to incorporate the magic circle, foam roller, exercise band and balls into your Matwork program. By the end of The course you should have the skills to devise small apparatus classes.Duration: 6 hoursPrerequisites: Experience in Matwork exercises and familiarity with Elixr Pilates Matwork ManualSuitability: All Pilates instructors
PILATES AND PREGNANCY
This workshop provides you with skills and knowledge to teach people who are pregnant.Duration: 3 hoursPrerequisites: Experience in mat and reformer exercisesSuitability: All Pilates instructors
Amy Hollingsworth 'Life after Dance'
Click here to read an interesting and inspiring article by Amy Hollingsworth - Elixr School of Pilates’ Program Ambassador and Dance Director at Sydney Dance Company.
Amy shares her wealth of experience when looking at "Life After Dance" and career transition.